Synchronicity



Today's Edison strip features Honey Boo Boo in the punchline. This is one of those strips that actually is inspired by a real event or conversation. Back at Christmas my 76 year old father looked at me and said "I need your help with a pop culture reference - What is a Honey Boo Boo?"

Just like that. Swear to god. And we knew we would have to work it into a strip somehow. I think John did a great job turning it into a punchline that works with Orville.

As with all syndicated comics, that strip was written weeks ago.

So imagine my surprise when I read today's Curtis:



And then today's Brewster Rockit:



Talk about synchronicity!

Next year let's make January 30 official Honey Boo Boo day and see if we can get ALL the comics on board :-)

3 comments:

  1. OK, I still don't know what the heck a Honey Boo Boo is ... and I'm pretty sure at this point that I don't want to know, so I'm not going to look it up.

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when there's a comic strip Yahtzee. Gotta say Edison is the best strip of the three. I once did a "jaywalking" joke the same day as Rhymes with Orange and The K Chronicles.

    As for Honey Boo Boo...

    http://www.gocomics.com/rabbitsagainstmagic/2012/11/25

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Unknown - sorry! I explained the strip but not the reference :-) Honey Boo Boo is a young child being exploited by her parents on the reality TV show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." If you don't watch it you should consider yourself lucky :-)

    @J. Lemon - Thanks for the compliment! We enjoyed your strip with Honey Boo Boo as well! I guess calling someone Honey Boo Boo guarantees they will be comic strip fodder :-)

    ReplyDelete