I Am SOOO Getting This Book


I try not to go on any socio-political rants here on the blog. Suffice it to say that John and I have been aware of and ticked off about the culture of corporate greed for over 10 years. It's one of the reasons there are so many strips that touch on the topic.

Before today, I was unaware of the work and writings of Jim Wallis. I heard him on one of our local NPR shows, (we are lucky to receive 4 different NPR stations in our neck of the woods) with Joy Cardin of WHAD 90.7 Milwaukee. It was just a stupendous interview and I will be running out to buy his latest book "Rediscovering Values" just as soon as I can.

BTW - it's pledge week over at WHAD - if you're one of their listeners be sure to give them a call with your support. And if you are a regular listener of NPR elsewhere in the world, I'm sure they could use a pledge as well. In this world of bombast and opinion that passes for news, I don't know what I would do without NPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment