Kenosha Festival Of Cartooning on Kickstarter


I love the concept of Kickstarter. I don't know who thought of it but people in creative fields have always struggled to fund their dreams. When you are also struggling to stay in touch with your creativity, the dual role can really sap your creativity. 

I first found out about Kickstarter a couple of years ago when one of my friends sent me a link to Tony Murphy's "Coffee Talk" project.  (My Kickstarter profile doesn't list me as a backer of this because I did it jointly with my husband).


I speak from experience - you really get this great feeling when you get those emails saying you're a backer. It is so cool to help fund other creative people and their dreams.

I love doing the Kenosha Festival of Cartooning! I love organizing the events and interacting with the cartoonists. 

I'm even the sort of person who doesn't mind all the little nit picky things that have to be taken care of like getting folks to and from the airport and serving meals to the guests and setting up exhibits.....

The list goes on and on.

But the really hard part of the festival is getting the funding. Last year I was working on fundraising right up until two days before the first event.

And that's the stuff that keeps you up at night.

So, this year, I'm trying something a little different and, I hope, much more fun. 

This year the majority of the fundraising will be on Kickstarter. I will still have to beat the bushes in Kenosha for about 30% of my total festival budget, but the lion's share of the work will be the Kickstarter drive.

Head over to the festival blog and bookmark it so you can stay in the loop for all things festival related and also for info on the Kickstarter timeline.


No comments:

Post a Comment