Kudos

I realize I've been kind of slack posting on the blog lately. Suffice it to say that Spring is usually chaotic for me as a harpist - a lot of concerts, a show (Sondheim's "Sunday In The Park With George")my private students' annual recital, my college student's recitals and juries, etc..

I know, excuses, excuses.

So I'm going to try to make up for it by posting more often from now on, even if it's just to shout out to strips that caught my fancy. The following are some of the strips that made me laugh out loud this week.



I have been following Ollie and Quentin since its launch and, while I enjoyed it from the get go, I think Piers Baker has come into his own as a master of the unexpected visual gag in the final panel.



I've seen a lot of snuggie jokes, this one is my favorite so far.



Jim Toomey has now irrevocably changed the way I view Pandas. They shall forever more be "Land Orcas".


Pooch Cafe is one of the first strips I read every morning as it is right below Edison in the local paper. I love the way Paul Gilligan pushes the level of innuendo possible on today's generally G rated comics pages.



Unlike Pooch Cafe, Cul De Sac is a strip I have to go out of my way to read, as it is not in our local paper, nor is it available on dailyink as it is from a rival syndicate. I love this strip in particular for its channeling of Roald Dahl and Willy Wonka.


I am afraid I must admit that this probably took me an entire minute to figure out :-)



I love how all the criminals in Pros and Cons always wear either a collared shirt or a shirt and tie. The British truly are a great combination of classiness and silly absurdism. Kieran Meehan particularly so.



This is actually from last week - I meant to post it then but got behind. I have to say Cooper is probably my favorite character from Retail. After meeting Norm I think I can safely say Cooper is the closest to his alter ego :-)




And finally, my friend Sandra who gets two shout outs this week. I have a particularly soft spot for Between Friends because it always seems to be channeling my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment